Customer Support Engineer
Valtix is the industry’s first, cloud-native network security platform for enterprises. Consisting of the Valtix Cloud Controller and Valtix Cloud Firewall, the solution revolutionizes cloud network security by using a discover, deploy and defend approach. Valtix discovers cloud assets in real-time; deploys Valtix gateways via a SaaS portal or Terraform automation in minutes; and defends with the industry's most advanced cloud-aware security policies. Valtix is deployed as a distributed or hub-and-spoke architecture, is configured using cloud-native constructs, has built-in auto-scaling, and is consumed using a cloud-native usage-based model.
Valtix has been recognized as a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and has won the 2021 Global InfoSec award for “Next-gen in Cloud Security”.
Valtix is passionate about securing applications and services within the public cloud. We are seeking an equally passionate Customer Success Engineer who is laser focused on delivering a quality customer experience and ensuring customer success.
As a founding member of the Customer Engineering organization, you will join a broader team of industry experts who are dedicated to our mission. You will become an expert in the Valtix solution, helping customers deploy, use, troubleshoot and optimize their implementation. You will interface with the customer to understand their use-cases, dive deep into their Valtix implementation, analyze and troubleshoot behavior and performance issues, and recommend architecture and configuration changes to address, improve, and scale their deployment. You will work closely with the technical sales, product and engineering teams to drive and deliver solution requirements to meet the needs of the customer.
It is an exciting time and opportunity to join Valtix to have a tremendous impact on the business, the solution, and the success of our customers.
- Interface with the customer to help answer questions, address issues, and provide solution consultation and education
- Proactively evaluate customer solution implementations to provide best practice guidance
- Address customer issues through triage, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Be a conduit between the customer, product and engineering to help guide solution enhancement priorities to meet customer requirements
- Provide guidance to sales of any new and expansion opportunities to best serve the customer on their cloud journey
- Ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner, resulting in a high quality customer experience
- Document all interaction with the customer, including detailed write-ups of solution issues and feature requests. Consult with product and engineering to determine and propose workarounds and enhancements. Work closely with the customer to implement any changes needed to enhance their implementation. Ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction in their interaction with Valtix and their use of the solution.
Requirements / Desires:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with network security (on-prem, public cloud, hybrid cloud)
- Strong familiarity and experience with public cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise in network protocols and application/service frameworks
- Strong ability to triage, troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong customer facing and customer satisfaction skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear, concise and simple manner
- Passionate about finding solutions to challenging problems
- Desire to be part of a modern, fast-paced, high-growth company
- 5+ years experience in customer engineering, success or support role
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineer, computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent discipline
- CSP and Terraform certifications a plus
Benefits / Perks:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks and monthly happy hour events (office locations)